Strategic focus points
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY STRATEGY
The purpose of the Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy is to create shared value with stakeholders (farmers, consumers, customers, employees, suppliers, media, associations, health experts, shareholders, etc.) in the exercise of the company’s activity.
CAPSA maintains its foundational objective, BEING NATURAL in everything it does, and materialised this commitment in 2017 with 23 natural principles that the company acquires with society in all these areas: BEING NATURAL, MAKING NATURAL PRODUCTS AND ACTING IN A NATURAL WAY.
Because CAPSA is an association of dairy farmers, its origins and the origin of its work are never forgotten: cows, Asturias and nature itself. The company cares for its industry and the environment with the firm commitment of offering the best milk for producing products of the highest quality.
CAPSA GUARANTEES FARM SUSTAINABILITY IN ORDER TO OFFER THE BEST MILK
- CAPSA guarantees that farmers’ milk is sold so as to ensure the viability of their farms.
- Farmers are trained to foster their personal, professional and social development.
- Farmers are supported and advised to produce high quality milk, ensure food safety and respect the environment.
CAPSA SUPPORTS FARMERS TO IMPROVE THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE
- Replacement services are offered so that farmers can have free days on their farm. Everyone deserves a break.
- CAPSA provides continued technical assistance through:
- Services related to production: Milk quality, animal health, etc.
- Services linked to management: Agricultural insurance, technical/financial management, tax advice, etc.
CAPSA DEFENDS THE LAND AND SUPPORTS PEOPLE
- More than 7,300 jobs are generated in the Spanish livestock sector.
- CAPSA supports the culture, sport and customs of the principality, supporting events and activities that take place in the region:
- Asturias Food Bank.
- Prince of Asturias Foundation
- Asturias Sports
CAPSA MINIMISES THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF ITS OPERATIONS AND PRODUCTION CENTRES
- The company decreases the kilometres travelled on milk collection routes in order to minimise CO2 emissions.
- It reduces energy consumption on farms and factories.
- It generates more than 95% of its electricity in high-efficiency processes.
- Transformamos los residuos de nuestros procesos en biocombustibles, fertilizantes y nuevos materiales.
- Waste from processes is transformed into biofuels, fertilisers and new materials.
- Water consumption is minimised in processes in order to care for resources.
- Processes are designed with environmental criteria in order to reduce emissions.
Products are manufactured with the highest respect for the natural essence of milk from the north of Spain. CAPSA believes that only by respecting the natural origin of what we eat will people have a better diet and better quality of life.
CAPSA MILK IS 100% SPANISH
- CAPSA’s milk, butter, cream and yogurt come from the cows on Spanish farms.
CAPSA USES 100% NATURAL-ORIGIN INGREDIENTS
- E’s are not added to 98% of the products placed on the market, nor are artificial additives, artificial preservatives or stabilisers. It is working on alternatives for the rest. CAPSA leads the sector reinventing its essence. The company is natural at its origin and in its way of life. It is the only dairy brand that offers 100% natural products.
ALL NEW PRODUCTS WILL BE 100% NATURAL
- The innovations on new products are made with the maxim of offering products that contain mainly natural ingredients.
CAPSA is very proud of how it is and how it shows itself to the world, just as it is. That’s how we are in Asturias. We like to talk to everyone and also listen to everyone. That’s the way we are and we will not change even when talking to the media.
CAPSA IS TRANSPARENT AND SAYS THINGS AS THEY ARE
- It makes sure labels can be understood by making them clearer.
- The doors of CAPSA’s dairy are open to anyone who wants to come and find out how the company does things. CAPSA is proud of how it does things.
- Its advertising is real and its ads show real Asturias fields, farmers and cows (no actors or fiction).
CAPSA IS COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING INITIATIVES THAT FOSTER MORE NATURAL AND HEALTHY FOOD IN SOCIETY
- It teaches society the benefits of a natural and healthy diet for a healthy life.
- Healthy Eating Days in Madrid in collaboration with the Spanish Dietetics and Food Sciences Society (SEDCA).
- Nutrition website: www.lecheynutricion.es
- Central Lechera Asturiana women’s race.
- Healthy Innovation Awards. Central Lechera Asturiana and Larsa.
- CAPSA collaborates with doctors and teachers to promote the benefits of healthy eating:
- Faculty of Nutrition Complutense University of Madrid/Central Lechera Asturiana.
- International Hippocrates Award for Medical Research on Human Nutrition – Central Lechera Asturiana
- More than 8,000 visits to doctors.
CAPSA CARES ABOUT OUR PEOPLE’S WORKING CONDITIONS TO ENSURE THE QUALITY OF EVERYTHING IT DOES: COMMITMENTS TO QUALITY EMPLOYMENT
- CAPSA offers permanent employment contracts to about 95% of employees, providing training and professional development and being committed to quality employment (TOP EMPLOYERS 2016).
- It offers employees a healthy and safe environment to develop their work, fostering work/life balance (Healthy Company and Family-responsible Company).
NATURALLY COMMITTED TO AN ETHICAL AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS MODEL
In 2017, CAPSA was recognised as the company with the best reputation in Spain, which among other key factors measures integrity, understood as ethical behaviour and transparent business management. The company continued to develop its Crime Prevention and Detection Protocol (CPP protocol) in 2017, based on which, an Integrated Risk Management System will be implemented throughout all levels of the company.
The regular (depending on the most relevant milestones), periodic (based on the established action plans) and systematic (using the appropriate method) work enables CAPSA to fulfil the mission of the CPP Protocol, focused on managing the company’s risks at all levels, helping it to maintain traceability between the company’s requirements, needs and expectations and ensuring the highest level of compliance with the applicable legislation in each area of the company.
In this way, CAPSA continues working on continuously promoting a culture of compliance, developing the fundamental points of the CPP Protocol, which include continuous surveillance and sanctioning fraudulent acts and conduct, as well as promoting the company’s Code of Ethics to raise awareness among employees and all external agents with whom the company works, maintaining effective communication mechanisms through its Ethical Channel.
CAPSA is confident that continuous control and monitoring serve as a learning source to avoid repeating the causes that lead to risk. In fact, the main regulatory systems that affected the development of its business in 2017 were:
- Firstly, no claim has been received from the Commercial Communication Self-Regulation Association (self-control), responsible for verifying the legality and accuracy of advertising campaigns. And CAPSA has verified each and every one of its advertisements, through its Copy Advice system or prior consultation, which ensures regulatory compliance and avoids incurring possible infringements and reputational risks.
- Secondly, no requests have been received from any of our agents to exercise the rights to access, modify, cancel or oppose data processing, a clear indicator that the necessary measures to guarantee the privacy of your data have been implemented, generating confidence and security in our systems for processing information related to personal data.
EFQM MANAGEMENT MODEL