Fostering healthy habits
CAPSA EDUCATE ON HEALTHY LIVING HABITS
The company continues to focus efforts on developing strategies that help improve people’s health by focusing on good nutrition combined with physical activity. In 2016, the following actions were carried out.
1º ACTIVITIES IN INFANCY
“Dairy Day at School”, an initiative organised by InLac (Inter-professional Dairy Organisation), which encompasses the entire dairy sector.
2º PROGRAMME FOR ADULTS
CAPSA collaborates with the Spanish Society of Dietetics and Food Sciences (SEDCA) on “Healthy Eating” conferences. Along the same line, and within the Spanish circuit of the “Women’s Race”, at the Runner’s Trade Show, CAPSA had a Nutritional Care stand prior to the race.
3º INTERNAL/EMPLOYEE PROGRAMMES
A.“Take care of your health by learning how to eat well”.
For the eighth consecutive year, the employee and family programme “Take care of your health by learning how to eat well” was held. The main innovations for this year were: weekly physical activity, nutritional coaching and reinforcing dietary guidelines.
B.“Healthy Carnival” and “Healthy Christmas”.
The children of Granda factory workers enjoyed a breakfast and healthy meal with a menu supervised by the Nutrition department.
C. Nutrition Day.
CAPSA collaborated with FESNAD on National Nutrition Day. This year the motto was “Hydration is also health” by making smoothies with milk and natural fruit with no additives available to all employees.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION AND DISCLOSURE
A. VISITS TO HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Emphasising the importance of dairy consumption as a fundamental part of a healthy diet. All this, motivated by decreased consumption in recent years, which also does not respond to scientific questions. The number of visits increased by 4.7% over the previous year, totalling 8,414 visits, all of which were in the area of primary care (health centres).
B. NUTRITIONAL SERVICES: WEB, TELEPHONE, SOCIAL NETWORKS
Focused on consumers as well as professionals in the field of health. During 2016, visits increased by 3.1% compared with 2015.
This service has responded to 1,445 inquiries about general and specific health and nutrition related issues. Queries made through the Nutrition Care Service increased by 5.6% compared with 2015.
C. CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS IN THE FIELD OF HEALTH
In 2016, the 38th National Congress of the Spanish Society of Primary Health Care Doctors (SEMERGEN) took place in October, at Santiago de Compostela.
- First SEMERGEN Autonomous Congress, Murcia. January 2016, Murcia.
- 20th International Conferences on Practical Nutrition. April 2016, Madrid.
- Fourth SEMERGEN National Congress of Chronic Patients. April 2016, León.
- Third Congress and Fourth SRHTA Nursing Meeting. May 2016, La Rioja.
- 57th Congress of the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition. May 2015, Madrid.
- 51st Congress of the Andalusian Cardiology Society. May 2016, Malaga.
- First SEMERGEN Autonomous Congress Catalonia. May 2016, Barcelona.
- Ninth Congress of the Spanish Community Nutrition Society. September 2016, Zaragoza.
- Eighth Seapa Congress: Seapa with the EFyC, celebrating 20 years. October 2016, Avilés.
- 30th National Congress of the Spanish Paediatric Outpatients and Primary Health Care Society (SEPEAP). October 2016, Salamanca.
- 38th National Congress of the Spanish Society of Primary Health Care Doctors (SEMERGEN). October 2016, Santiago de Compostela
- Annual meeting of the SEC Cardiology Section. April 2016, Valencia. Eighth SEMERGEN National Cardiovascular Conferences. May 2016, Santander.
- Sixteenth Gregorio Marañón University Hospital Healthy Heart Conference. May 2016, Madrid.
- Fifth Health Conference Mancomunidad 5 Villas. May 2016, Pravia.
Work is continuing with the Complutense University of Madrid Extraordinary Chair / Central Lechera Asturiana on research and training into nutrition and education for health and with the “Hippocrates International Prize on Human Nutrition”. Central Lechera Asturiana’s participation as a sponsor of this award is another example of the relationship the company has with the world of popular science and its interest in supporting the professionals and institutions committed to researching human nutrition.